Thursday, March 17, 2011

Copycat

Copycat… your look
Like her, that’s all it took
To make me want, to make me need
Brought me back, to live and be
But you weren’t real; you were a thought
A dream of “her” is what I saw

And that’s enough, that’s all it took
Why I want to be with her

Faker… your voice
Damning silence, please make noise
Just say my name or say whatever
Be like her and tell me never
Tell a story; sing a song
So I know that you’re not gone

But doesn’t matter what you say
She is gone; she wouldn’t stay

Pretender… your way
This is a mistake
How my heart skips a beat
I think you’re so sweet
And your touch
To hold you so much

But my heart, does know the truth
If I see her, you have to move

Clone… your moves
Make me swoon
In the dark, bodies entwined
I almost believe you’re mine
Well aren’t you… you’re not
But you’re so damn hot

Am I wrong or right?
Wanting her tonight

Usurper… your day
It’s not today
I held you in the night
But now there’s light
And here’s the truth
Me lying here without you

All alone… not happy I feel
Because she’s not here

Just a copy, her doppelganger
Wanting love, I banged her
A faker, a pretender
Because I can’t have her
Clone and usurper
This love still burns
Copycat you’re not her so
Here’s your money; you can go

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment